The Concours d'Elégance.
Rare classics in baroque surroundings.
The stuff of legend, exclusive pieces and exceptional prototypes: all the cars on display during the Concours d'Elégance at the Schloss Bensberg Classics have all made history in one way or another. As in previous years, an exclusive selection of spectacular classics awaits you in the breathtaking inner courtyard of the Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg. A high-calibre jury chaired by Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen, former chairman of Bentley Motors and president of Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S., will judge the participating vehicles.
The 2014 Concours d’Elégance at the Schloss Bensberg Classics is also a FIVA (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens) A-rated event, the highest rating FIVA bestows.
The judging and special categories.
About 40 select automobile rarities will line up in 16 judging categories.
1. Impressive Elegance – Prestigious Saloons (Pre-War)
2. Open-Top Legends – Sporty Roadsters and Convertibles (Pre-War)
3. The Shape of Speed – Early Aerodynamic Designs
4. Heavenly Icons – Rare Convertibles (Post-War)
5. Italian Beauties – Forgotten Italian Classics
6. Passion and Power – 100 Years of Maserati
7. The Magic Material – Cars with Plastic Bodies
8. Roaring 50's – Racing Cars of the 1950s
1. Prewar Open
2. Prewar Closed
3. Postwar Open
4. Postwar Closed
5. Best Restored Condition
6. Best Unrestored Condition
7. Best in Show (Public)
8. Best in Show (Jury)