The Concours d'Elegance.
Rare classics in baroque surroundings.
The stuff of legend, exclusive pieces and exceptional prototypes: all the cars on display during the Concours d'Elégance at the 4th Schloss Bensberg Classics have all made history in one way or another. As in previous years, an exclusive selection of spectacular classics awaits you in the breathtaking inner courtyard of the Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg. A high-calibre jury chaired by Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen, former chairman of Bentley Motors and president of Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S., will judge the participating vehicles.
The 2012 Concours d’Elégance at the Schloss Bensberg Classics is also a FIVA (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens) A-rated event, the highest rating FIVA bestows.
Louis Vuitton Classic Concours Award
The concept of the Concours d’Elégance at the Schloss Bensberg Classics has caused something of a stir among experts: the competition was nominated for the Louis Vuitton Classic Concours Award in only its second year of existence. This prize is awarded every year to one of the ‘Best of Show’ winners from the most famous Concours d’Elégance in the world. These include Villa d’Este (Italy), Pebble Beach (California), Amelia Island (Florida) and Meadow Brook (Michigan). The winner of the Concours d’Elégance at the Schloss Bensberg Classics 2013 will also be subject to the scrutiny the Louis Vuitton jury, which includes renowned individuals from the field of car design.
The judging and special categories.
About 40 select automobile rarities will line up in 16 judging categories.
1. Driven by Excellence – Prewar Sports Luxury
2. True Sports Stars – Prewar Sports Racing
3. Elegance on Wheels – Postwar Luxury Saloons of the 1950s and 1960s
4. The Beauty of Power – Postwar Sports Luxury
5. Special Nine Elevens – 50 Years of the Porsche 911
6. Sports Cars made in Sant’Agata – 50 Years of Lamborghini
7. The Glorious Period – 100 Years of Pietro Frua
8. The David Brown Years – 100 Years of Aston Martin
1. Prewar Open
2. Prewar Closed
3. Postwar Open
4. Postwar Closed
5. Best Restored Condition
6. Best Unrestored Condition
7. Best in Show (Public)
8. Best in Show (Jury)